Tuesday, June 16, 2009

spanish finals, also fuck capitalization

right now I'm listening to year zero and studying for the second half of my spanish 3 final.
on the first half there was a very long section in which you had to translate 2 paragraphs of incomplete thoughts written by a 7th grade mexican into english. the intended topic was relations between aztecs, mayans and cortez, however the mistranslations proved to be hilarious, for example "when the natives lose the baton, they have to contra dance with the spanish" and "they realized she could speak both the language of the aztecs and the language of the mayans. she told the priest she could speak both the language of the mayans and the spanish and he told cortez."

i got frustrated and asked the teacher if i could draw a comic instead, amazingly she said yes. it was very very funny in a minimalist/absurdist/stupid way and features a large man in a sombrero as the spanish oppressors and people with lots of facial hair as the oppressed natives.
when i get my final back i'll put it on here, somehow. maybe i'll just redraw it but its not as funny without the scribbled, incomprehensable cursive translations next to it.

on an unrelated note I upped my daily run requirements to 3 miles, found my nike+ transmitter and my long missing HAIR STRAIGHTENER! (not that my hair is long enough to use it)



"global domination"

No comments:

Post a Comment